May 1, 2014

Eat: Cinco de Mayo

Image via HERE
Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner, and if you know me you know that this is one of my favorite holidays to celebrate. Mexican food and margs? Count me in. I will personally be trying out a new place with some girlfriends, but if you're in need of some inspiration for a new spot to try, here are a few I love.

Agave
140 7th Avenue South
New York, NY 10014

Located in the West Village and has some of the best margaritas in NYC. Food is to. Die. For. If you can get a reservation, great for groups. Only downfall is a small bar area, so plan to just drink at your table.

Cascabel Taqueria
East and West locations

One of my favorite Mexican places. Delicious baha fish tacos and watermelon margaritas served in mason jars. Quite small, so expect it to be packed on Cinco.

Dos Caminos
Various locations around NYC

Expect all of their locations to be packed on Cinco as it is a very popular spot. I'd definitely start with some guac and then check out their SPECIALS they have listed. If you aren't feeling adventurous I would order the enchiladas. So yummy. And lots of margs of course.

El Camion Cantina
194 Ave A
New York, NY 10009

Super small, would definitely make a reservation beforehand - if you can't, expect a wait and for it to be very crowded. Would recommend a drink at the bar.

El Rio Grande
160 East 38th Street
New York, NY 10016

If it's a nice day, Rio will be jam packed both indoors and outdoors. Food is great. But to be blunt, the only reason many go here is because the margs are so strong. If you're looking to not remember your night, this may be the place.

Maya
1191 First Avenue
New York, NY 10065

If you're looking for a spot to go with a large group, this is what I would recommend. Maya is quite simply awesome. Relatively inexpensive, plates are perfect for sharing. The sangria is also quite good if you aren't in the mood for a marg. Featuring $5 margs on Cinco - strawberry, mango, blood orange - you can try them all!

Rosa Mexicano
Various locations around NYC

I've been here a few times, so there is definitely a reason I go back. Looks like they will be doing a pre-fixe dinner/drink menu on Cinco.

Drink up! And let me know your favorite spots.

1 comment

Laughter & Carbs. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.