May 5, 2014

Make: The Perfect Margarita

Cinco de Mayo is one of my favorite holiday's since it combines two of my loves - Mexican food and of course margaritas. The festive decor and colors are also quite fun and certainly get you in the mood to celebrate. Over the past few years, I have gone out to celebrate and have stayed in and made my own fiesta, so I have fine-tuned my go-to margarita recipe. It's always nice to have the simple makings on hand for today or really any day!


The Perfect Margarita

2-4 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
1 1/2 ounces tequila - I like the taste of a blanco tequila chilled - Espolon is my tequila of choice
1/4 ounce agave syrup 
Ice

Combine fresh lime juice, tequila, and agave syrup in shaker with ice. Shake well and vigorously for a minute, then pour over ice. If you like salt with your marg, I prefer mine on the rocks with no salt, make sure to rim your glass beforehand. The best way to do this is to wet the rim with a lime and then flip the glass upside-down into a dish with salt. If the ingredients aren't to your tasting, adjust as necessary. That's it - enjoy!

And the end result...cheers!

No comments

Post a Comment

Laughter & Carbs. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.