October 21, 2014

Get Fit: Well & Good Bicoastal Biathlon


This past Saturday I was lucky enough to snag a ticket to the WELL & GOOD BICOASTAL BIATHLON here in NYC. The event consisted of back-to-back fitness classes at eight of the hottest studios in NYC, with proceeds going to GIRLS ON THE RUN. Due to the unique offering of classes and a limited number of tickets available, the event sold out in minutes.

For me, I was on Team Row & Flow. That meant one hour of rowing at CITY ROW followed by another hour of THE MOVEMENT'S CROSSFLOWX. Two hours of class? What was I thinking. After one hour of rowing my legs were burning and I was drenched in sweat and I was nowhere near done yet. Yoga-burpees were next on the agenda which was a tough push after such a demanding first hour, but totally worth it.

After the workouts, we headed back to the ATHLETA store on Fifth Avenue for an after party. Gift bags, complimentary braids by GLAMSQUAD, makeup by W3LL PEOPLE, and delicious bites and juices, were all well deserved. They had an awesome raffle at the end of the event AND I was lucky enough to score some free classes to SWERVE! Can't wait to give them a try.

Overall, if you're looking for a challenging workout I highly encourage you to (quickly) register for this event next time. It's a great way to try new studios, push yourself to new limits, and meet some awesome people who are fitness-minded just like yourself.



Sweaty mess with a lovely crown braid.

No comments

Post a Comment

Laughter & Carbs. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.