August 18, 2014

Get Fit: Uplift Triathalon

UPLIFT
After spending an entirely too long hiatus from the gym, let's face it I was thoroughly enjoying my summer, I needed to get back in the swing of things and actually try to workout again. Enter UPLIFT STUDIOS with their Uplift Triathlon. Now, I've been to Uplift before so I sort of knew what I was in for but I didn't realize what a challenge 3 classes in 1 would really be. And what a challenge it was.


The 85-minute class was led by the Uplifting creators of each class. Starting with 30 minutes of strength with Michelle Mason, followed by 30 minutes of HIIT with Kat Ellis, and (finally) ending with 25 minutes of Sculpt Fusion with Chelsea Dornan. Squats, curls, lunges, you name it in the first section. My muscles were on fire and it was only 30 minutes in.

Next was HIIT with Kat who described herself as a trainer on crack (LOL), and it was true. We never stopped in this session, but I have to admit after 30 minutes of strength the cardio was nice. The light at the end of the tunnel came with Chelsea leading Sculpt Fusion. This was sort of a low impact, yoga-esque class that left me with a nice stretch and feeling invigorated for the Saturday ahead of me.

All in all, although challenging, but in the most rewarding way, I can always count on Uplift to kick my butt. Going back here this past Saturday reminded me of how much I love not only the atmosphere, but all of the women that work and workout there. If you haven't been, I encourage you to try out their CLASSES. You may feel sore the next day, but you won't regret it.


No comments

Post a Comment

Laughter & Carbs. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.