June 26, 2014

Get Fit: Beatbox Fitness

IMAGE
Last week was a successful week in that I crossed some things off of my 101 THINGS TO DO IN SUMMER list and trying a new workout (#31 among many others) was one of them. BEATBOX FITNESS was my pick.


BEATBOX is a high intensity workout that combines kickboxing moves with high intensity interval training, with a live DJ present who, you guessed it, is playing live beats. You get a full fat burning workout in 50 minutes and the moves are guaranteed to make you sweat.

Well. I certainly sweat and combined with my lack of coordination (I found simple hooks complicated) I got a great workout. After hooks, elbows and SO MANY SQUATS, I ran slow-waddled my sore ass home to my boyfriend to show him the combo I learned and am now obsessed with.

It definitely helps that the founder Ailin is very upbeat and practices what she preaches (seriously, killer bod). If you're in the market for a new workout, give it a try. And then show off your new moves. Classes are held on Mondays from 7 to 7:50 pm and 8 to 8:50 pm as well as Sundays from 9:30 to 10:30 am.

No comments

Post a Comment

Laughter & Carbs. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.