June 10, 2014

Beach Reads

IMAGE
The sun beating down, the light roll of waves lulling into a rhythm and the sand between your toes while your mind wanders into another world. What could be better? Reading on the beach is one of my favorite summer activities. I could sit there for hours reading book after book (and probably end up as red as a lobster). This summer I'll be reading a few books on my list while soaking up the rays. Check out some of them below.


Cartwheel by Jennifer duBois: Lightly based off of the Amanda Knox story, this book is a psychological suspense about who Lily really is and what happened to her roommate Katy. I read my fair share of tabloids, news, conspiracy theories on the Knox trial, so this book won't be left untouched.

The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith: By now we all know that Robert Galbraith = J.K. Rowling. After reading the first book in the Cormoran Strike series, I am really looking forward to this one. This book follows Strike as he searches for a missing novelist and a ruthless killer. With many twists and turns expected in true Rowling/Galbraith fashion, it is sure to leave you on the edge of your seat or beach towel.

The Heiresses by Sara Shepard: From the author of Pretty Little Liars, there has been a lot of buzz recently about this book. I'll definitely be picking up this "thriller" to see what all the hype is about.

This Is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Trooper: On my list to read before the movie comes out - how funny is that TRAILER? This book brings together a dysfunctional family who is sitting shiva after the death of their father and covers love, marriage, and divorce in what is said to be an incredibly funny way.

Uganda Be Kidding Me by Chelsea Handler: You either love her or you hate her, and I love her. All of her previous books have had me hysterically laughing as I flipped the pages. This will definitely be in my beach bag this summer.

For my full list of books and past reads, follow me on GOODREADS.

No comments

Post a Comment

Laughter & Carbs. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.