April 15, 2014

Get Fit: Equinox Cycle Class




A couple weeks ago I took a class at EQUINOX as a "Networkout" through the Levo League NY chapter.

To start, where I was positioned in the class I couldn't see the instructor so I couldn't follow along as well as I hoped. RPM's were a major part of this class as we were pushed to keep it above 110 (which proved to be difficult for me). HOW do your legs move that fast while standing up?!?! I can't even walk that fast. However, I did try to push myself to actually get there and it made me wonder how hard I work during other classes where RPM's aren't a major focus.

Playlist: This is a BIG motivator for me when I take a cycle class. The music HAS to be good. It just has to be. The instructor's playlist was a jumble of songs with no flow and nothing to really keep me on the beat. Needless to say it wasn't very enjoyable.

While I enjoyed the class and love the concept of a good Networkout, it was no SoulCycle. Overall, I had a good workout and I wouldn't say I would never go back, after all it's Equinox and they're known for having some amazing instructors. But to me I love the pack feel I get at Soul (ok and maybe the dark room and candles help too).

No comments

Post a Comment

Laughter & Carbs. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.