February 18, 2015

Whiskey Hound Dog


To continue our Valentines celebration this weekend, I took my boyfriend to a few new bars that were out of his usual norm. Both places MAYSVILLE and FLATIRON ROOM (written about HERE), cater to whiskey drinkers with over 800 different whiskeys available. Being an avid margarita drinker, I decided to steer away from my usual orders and go out on a whim and try something new. Luckily the bartender was very knowledgeable and pointed me in the right direction towards a whiskey cocktail. With a little bite to start, I actually ended up really liking it. And lucky for you, it's easy to make at home!

Whiskey Hound Dog

Ingredients:
  • 2 oz fresh grapefruit juice
  • 1 1/2 oz whiskey (or bourbon if you prefer)
  • 1/4 oz honey
  • 1/4 oz fresh lime juice
  • Mint leaf

Instructions:
Combine ingredients in cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously. Pour into glass and garnish with mint leaf.

No comments

Post a Comment

Laughter & Carbs. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.