February 23, 2015

2015 Oscar Dresses

So I didn't watch most of the Oscar's this year, but I did take the time to roundup some of my favorite dresses. This year, I thought there was more I didn't like than those that I was completely wowed by - did anybody else feel this way? So here it goes...

(Above) Emma Stone and Jennifer Aniston. The embellishment on Emma's dress was amazing in my opinion and Jennifer's was such a flattering nude, she never does wrong in my book.


Cate Blanchett and Margot Robbie. I think what drew me to these classy black dresses were the necklaces. I love accessorizing, so if I were to ever go to the Oscars, with jewelers at my beck and call, I would do something like this. Simple dress with fabulous gems.
Rosamund Pike and Dakota Johnson looking fabulous in red. A much needed improvement for the disastrous nursing bra dress Rosamund wore to the Golden Globes.

Jamie Chung and Jenna Dewan-Tatum. Jamie looked cute but Jenna looked hot. That dress was stunning on her.
Sienna Miller and everyone's favorite, Meryl Streep looking classy in more black.

And now the misses...
Chloe Grace Moretz and Keira Knightley wearing Grandma's curtains.  Wow these were horrid.


Lorelei Linklater and Naomi Watts. I don't know who Lorelei is but if she was going for angry teenager she nailed it. And Naomi, not sure what happened here, but I wasn't a fan.
Solange Knowles and Viola Davis. Woof. I'm not a fan of Solange's style. Ever. This looks like a tent. And Viola looks downright terrible. The color looks very drab on her and her makeup is too severe. She should've done big earrings rather than a necklace with that neckline, but I'll stop now...

1 comment

  1. I always love the red carpet fashion and dress as It brings new and unique dress for women. The white and red dresses are really appreciable. I love your fashion trends, please keep up updating

    ReplyDelete

Laughter & Carbs. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.