February 10, 2015

No-Bake Energy Bites

While perusing recipes on a recent snow day, I stumbled across this simple batch of NO-BAKE ENERGY BITES. Luckily I had all the ingredients on hand and in less than an hour, I had a delicious snack. I also found these perfect to grab and eat with my morning coffee/tea at work. Simple snack and simple breakfast. A win-win for me!

No-Bake Energy Bites

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup of old fashioned oats
  • 1/2 cup flaxseed (I used ground flaxseed)
  • 2/3 cups toasted coconut (I omitted this)
  • 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup smooth all-natural peanut butter 
  • 1/2 cup honey (I used MIKE'S HOT HONEY - which gave them a nice zing)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon

Instructions:
  1. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until evenly coated. Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes until it becomes cool and all of the ingredients hold together.
  2. Remove from the refrigerator and roll into small balls.Keep in refrigerator in a Ziploc bag or air tight container for up to a week.
Recipe via SEQUINS & STRIPES.
Pictures are my own.

No comments

Post a Comment

Laughter & Carbs. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.